Sunday, June 8, 2014

Memoirs of an Ordinary Girl: Fresh Meat Year



Memoirs of an Ordinary Girl: Fresh Meat Year is book two in Terri Klaes Harper book series. This book I believe, as a read, that many will enjoy. I love the world and characters that Terri has developed in this book. It's filled with wittiness and drama of a fourteen year old girl who leans that life isn't easy and never goes the way we hope or thought.
There is a line in the first chapter that is “This was the second funeral during this class period within the first two weeks of school.” That one line pulled me in and made me want to read more, find out more; the reader in me wanted to know what happen. There's many lines like that in the first chapter that just caught my attention; not only in the first chapter but throughout the story. One of my favorite parts of the story is “A spoon fight broke out between us while trying to get every last bit of dough scraped out of the bowl. My mom entered the room, shaking her head. “Did you leave any dough to actually bake?”” Terri's writing style is one I quite like. Her ability to bring Drew and Drew's world to life is a read that readers who are fans of teen stories, wit and so much more will like Memoirs of an Ordinary Girl: Fresh Meat Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment